Programs & files not opening

The Acer (c:) drive on my pc turned red because it was running out of space, so my son uninstalled some of his programs & since then there is some things not opening when i go into them, like files ending in .cct, .rpt .ger .pub .inx .hdr .bin & the Advanced System Protector, Launch Internet Explorer Browser & Windows Live Family Safety icons are just blank & when i open ASP & LIEB it says “the item you selected is unavailable”. I don't know if i have some sort of virus or my son uninstalled some programs by mistake. Is there anyway you can help me or tell me who can help me.

Do a system restore back to a time before the programs were removed. Then be more carefull with the software you delete:).

Simplest way is as advised above. Restore your system back to where it was before all the uninstalling was done. (Type 'system' into the search box, then click on the 'system restore' line. You should see a few previous dates that windows created a restore point, and you have to pick one that you know is from when the pc was running ok)
But you will be back to the point where the C drive is almost full again. If you know what type of files have been saved, that have filled the drive up, eg Video files, then best to move them off to an external hard drive, or flash memory or burn to DVD. If you haven't already got it, then download the Program 'CCleaner' from;
www.piriform.com and let it clear much more of the unwanted 'junk' away.
When you have about 10 or 15% of hard drive space, can you do a defrag, which will likely give you back more space.
One I use is at;
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/

agree with system restore...
for additional information the root cause is the associated application has been uninstalled so its looking for it.

Back