PS/2 Mouse to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

Okay, well here's the problem and my life story too, i bought this ps/2 to usb converter a while back off of ebay for my Powermac... I ended up not using it and threw it in a drawer until tonight...

this is the one here:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=A-USB2PS2&cat=CBL

i mean its identical packaging and all

anyway here's the problem, when i bought it i first tested it out on my Hackintosh and it worked perfectly, booted into XP and worked perfectly, then plugged it into my Vista notebook and it worked perfectly...

Well i get it out today to use my favorite ol' optical mouse and plug it into the same Vista notebook and nothing, the mouse just lights up, this is the same mouse i tested this thing with back in august of last year when i bought it, and now it decides not too work...

my only thought on the matter, or the only thing that has changed about this notebook since then, well besides several reformattings, is service pack 1, could this be the culprit for something so small?

any other suggestions?

Did you try reinstalling the device drivers? Does the device show up in Device Manager or whatever it's called in vista?

Maybe it's just giving up, one of my USB>PS/2 adapters just failed recently, so now I have to run my mouse in USB mode, it also damaged my mouse so I have to unplug it and plug it back in occasionaly.

yea it doesnt even recognize the fact i plugged it in.

i plugged it in to the Hackintosh and it didnt work this time, and then booted into windows and nothing.

it probably did give up on me... no worries though, i only paid $1 with shipping through an ebay store xD

thanks for the suggestions though... glad it didnt take my mouse out with it though... i like this mouse lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back