PSU reviews?

red1776

Im sure this has been brought up before, but do you have the equipment to do an in depth look at PSU's?

Please clarify

:confused: well a load tester like chef stated, oscilloscope, and whatever else needed to do PSU reviews. I thought it might be a great addition to TS as the PSU is the most overlooked and least understood component for the many first time (and 2nd,3rd, 4th, etc) time builders.

I don't know if there aren't such members on the staff, but wouldn't PSU testing need someone with an electrical engineering background, especially in power electronics?

I don't know if there aren't such members on the staff, but wouldn't PSU testing need someone with an electrical engineering background, especially in power electronics?

Hi Moiz,
good point, I suppose so. Maybe I should rephrase my request to be.....hey wait! you have a background in Electrical Engineering....very slick Moiz....very slick.:p:haha::wave:

We appreciate your feedback but the reason we've rarely written PSU reviews is because they are covered well enough by other publications and because personally I find them a bit boring.

On the other hand we are looking into expanding our coverage in enthusiast-level cases, would that serve as consolation? ;)

We appreciate your feedback but the reason we've rarely written PSU reviews is because they are covered well enough by other publications and because personally I find them a bit boring.

On the other hand we are looking into expanding our coverage in enthusiast-level cases, would that serve as consolation? ;)

What!...PSU reviews boring? you cant be serious:p:wave:

I myself love reading PSU reviews
But the hardware required to do proper reviews, like done by HardOCP and JonnyGURU costs thousands of dollars
You end up needing multiple sets of testing equipments that is very expensive, just to verify that your oscilloscope or load tester has not run out of spec etc during testing
But sure, anyone willing to donate $10K then I'm up for the challenge :D

But sure, anyone willing to donate $10K then I'm up for the challenge

...Well now...i seem to have misplaced my checkbook:wave:

I figured it was that, its just the most commonly botched purchase , and misunderstood/least understood component. I thought it would be a good idea if y'all had a spare oscilloscope and load tester that happened to be sitting around doing nothing.:rolleyes:

red; Yea well, unfortunately I don't know that many that have a Sunmoon Load tester just laying about in the closet collecting dust ;)

Hmm, so a box of steel with no components in it is more consolidating than one that can zap misc small insetcs? :D

Back