Radeon 4870 x2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I am having some problems with the above card, the problem being that it works OK for a couple of weeks and then the graphics become scrambled ie in Windows XP jagged lines appear all across the screen. If I reload the drivers or download and install the latest drivers it works OK for a couple of weeks and then the graphics go again. When the pc was first built it worked fine for several months and then this nonsense with the graphics started. I wondered if it was heat related but it happens as soon as the pc is turned on, the case is an Antec 900 so it shouldn't be getting too hot.
Any suggestions?

Jagged lines? I presume it's "tearing" and not artifacting.
Very high probability that it's corrupted drivers. When uninstalling and reinstalling do use Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of the previous driver/CatalystCC ?

there are plenty of nice little driver bugs with the X2, so i would agree with divide on running driver sweeper and reinstalling the latest set. i'd also recommend uninstalling CCC altogether and just using ATI tray tools, which is a lot more stable and runs from the windows taskbar.

Ok, I deleted all the software for ATI and ran Driver sweeper, downloaded and installed latest drivers but am still having issues, am thinkingabout a reformat which will hopefully resolve the problem but I shouldn't need to do it.

fat chance that a reformat would help... especially if you've already completely wiped the system of ATI drivers. have you installed the latest direct X? also, i can't remember if crossfire needs to be enabled in order for the X2 to work. i want to say that it doesn't but you never know. have you tried finding something on the AMD game forums? that's typically where i will go if i run into an ATI-specific problem. you might even me able to flash the card with a different BIOS to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back