Radeon 9250 not compatible with directx 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded my OS from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 32-bit. Since doing so, my video controller is not being detected in device manager. Windows cannot find a compatible driver so I've tried installing the catalyst suite and the individual drivers as well, but neither worked. I received a message afterwards stating that my graphic card does not support directx 9.0. I've read on some forums that my video card is directx 9.0 compatible, but not 100%.

I'm not extremely technical so my question is it possible for me to install directx9 without having any consequences with other components? I'm currently running on directx 11.

Are there any other recommendations??

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/3/2010, 14:13:41
Machine name: EK-****
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: PT880-8237
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 736MB used, 3359MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

i got a similar problem when i installed win7 on my old laptop using mobility radeon 9700. the drivers i can found on the net for my card is the xp version, which does not carry the WDDM. therefore no aero and there's some problem with the DX9.

You may think you are running DirectX 11 but since your graphics card does not support DirectX 11 you aren't. Further, your card is quite obsolete. ATI/AMD no longer supports your card with drivers and hasn't since 2006.

In addition to what mailpup said, I would suggest you to consider replacing your aged graphic card, with something which is reasonably priced, because a new high end graphic card wouldn't make much sense in that rig. If you are willing to do so, and can tell us how much budget do you have, I am sure we can come up with suggestions for optimal solution. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back