Radeon 9600SE driver help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to run City of Villains and it tells me I need to update my graphics card driver. Simple enough, right? Well, I go to ati.com and download the latest driver, and when my PC reboots, it boots using the on board VGA driver and says that the driver I downloaded was written for a previous version of Windows or some crap like that. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 and I downloaded the driver for XP. What do I do? I know the game works on this card because last time I played CoV was like 4 months ago and it was on this same PC and I haven't added, removed, or tweaked any hardware since then. Please help!

Po'girl is absolutely right

Po`Girl said:
Just to be sure,HERE is the driver,- HERE -is how to remove the old drivers,and HERE is how to install the new ones.

I have the ATI 9600 and just did that update.
Use save to,not run and shut down all your stuff running in the background
But remember :rolleyes:
"This is an update"
Do you have the older Catalyst version installed ?
If not use the cd first then what Po'girl described,possibly not the remove part.Your updateing those.
Thats how i did it last week.:)

Did you try re-downloading the drivers ? It might just have got corrupt.

Techspot has it HERE Sometimes it`s a matter of try try again.

Remove all drivers for the ATI Video Card. Go into control panel and remove anything for ATI. Then make sure the Device Manager has your ATI uninstall should cause a reboot. When you log back into Windows expect it to look very large display and Windows has detected a new hardware. Install your update drivers now. Some games are tricky. If you still have problems lower the res down from 1024x768-32-bit for example to 800x600-24-bit. See if that helps..

You need to download 5.10 Catalyst with that old video card for stability,

But first you need to boot into safe mdoe and run driver cleaner pro which can be found here "www.guru3d.com" then choose ATI, and click Clean

then reboot and you will be in normal mode, now you can install the Catz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back