Raid setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

My friend owns an Intel 975 xBx2 Mobo, he just got himself 4 SATA Drives of 500gb each and RAIDED them through the Raid Bios. Now upon Windows XP x64bit SP2 Setup it won't detect them and keeps refusing the provided drivers.

Yes the drivers are 64bit and up to date, just got them from Intel site ... Please can anyone link me to a tutorial, or anything that could help with my friend's problem ?

Also I would like to mention that by mistake he flashed an older Mobo with the 975xbx2 Bios, and PC is stuck on Black screen of death is there a way to restore the system ?

Thanks For Your Help :D

does that mobo not have a backup feature for the bios when u update it? if it does just install backup.

All has been fixed, now after successful windows install and Board driver install we are unable to boot to system .. It's not finding boot drive even though it's correctly set up through the Bios :(

What to do ?

As I said previously, yes .. he gets to windows, but when in windows he puts his Mobo driver disk in and starts the driver setup, when it's done and he restarts he can no longer boot to windows ...

What drivers is he installing?

Have him just do chipset first and see if it'll reboot ok.

BTW - "Now upon Windows XP x64bit SP2 Setup it won't detect them and keeps refusing the provided drivers."

That is what you said, and it isn't the same thing as "he gets to windows, but when in windows he puts his Mobo driver disk in and starts the driver setup, when it's done and he restarts he can no longer boot to windows".

The first IS a Sata Raid driver issue, the second would be something else.

Also as I said in previous post .. all was fixed, now he can install windows and enter, and the drivers he's installing are the ones on the Intel Factory CD that came with his 975xBx2 Mobo ...

Other than that I dunno .. He flashed his bios to the latest version now he's getting the ntldr missing message .. Before flashing he was getting a blinking cursor ..

he is going to try re-formatting tonight when he gets back .. I'll report back ..

From here; http://www.geek.com/forums/topic/cpu-100-usage-problem

"NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector in Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP, that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup Menu and helps Microsoft windows load.

You can find a good, succinct report on the NTLDR error at www.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbd=314057

The cause is one of the followin:

A. The computer attempting to boot from a non-bootable source.
B. The hard drive isn't correctly setup in the BIOS.
C. Loose or bad IDE/EIDE cable.
D. Virus or Malware damage or corruption.
E. Damaged Windows version of NT, W2K, or WXP.
F. Damaged or corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDetect.Com files.
G. Damaged or corrupt boot sector or the master boot record.
H. Improper configuration of the boot.ini file.
I. Upgrade attempt to NTFS file system from Windows 98, Windows ME on a computer that has FAT32 file system.
J. Adding a new hard disk that is not properly configured or setup.
K. Attempting to boot from a non-bootable floppy disk or CD-ROM (or that a floppy disk is mistakenly left in the floppy drive.)
L. Floppy disk from which you are attempting to boot is missing some key files.
M. CD-ROM boot is damaged, scratched, or missing some key files and folders.
N. Damaged or defective CD-ROM drive.
O. Jumpers on CD-ROM or hard drive are not properly set.
P. Memory stick is in the card reader, and the setup is attempting to boot from the memory stick.
Q. Hard Drive is not correctly setup in the BIOS or CMOS.

Once you are sure your BIOS is properly setup, FDISK and reformat your hard drive, then boot from a valid install disk. As the computer is booting, you should get the common Windows message asking or telling you to

Press Any Key to Boot from the CD. Otherwise, the computer may attempt to boot from the hard drive. A better way to do this is to go to the BIOS, and reset the boot order so the CD-ROM is in first position, or second position behind floppy disk drive.

This is usually all you need to know to get it right. Use a newly formatted drive. Then boot to a valid CD and let it restructure the hard drive as NTFS.

In addition to the microsoft knowledgebase article posted above, you can find a great deal of useful information on what to do by doing a Google search."

Thanks for the guide but has nothing to do with my friend's problem mate ... It's all related to RAID 0 .. He is going to format when e gets back .. I'll report back with any issues ...

Well, I cannot make out just what you are trying to say since you keep changing the directiion of the post.

Start a new thread when you get sorted and I'll avoid it so someone else can help you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back