RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

Hello,
I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT333CF-8235 ruinign on windows xp. I had a 256MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots of lags...

I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2/512(total of 1 GB).

I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer. As it runs BIOS says only 256MB Ram and not 1GB RAM.!!

Other times it reads sometimes says 256MB and one time said 192MB RAM.
Its very strange this...

Whats going on?

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM. Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer?

data from Everest software:

ID Motherboard: 09/22/2003-KT333CF-8235-K7VTA3C-00
Motherboard: ECS K7VTA3 v8

Physical Memory:
Total 255 MB
Used 226 MB
Free 29 MB
Utilization 88 %

North Bridge VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400

Thanks.
Boto

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.
You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.

Hi, I still can run my computer however with both sticks that should give upa memory of 1Gb but it runs only on 256MB Ram... today it got a blu screen message... sometimes it recognize 512MB ram othertimes only 192MB Ram... Is there anything i can do in the system to support these memory sticks i just bought? In the bios? ..

You could try adjusting the RAM voltage in the BIOS if the BIOS allows you to. Maybe you can try to underclock the RAM. If that doesn't help, I suppose you'll have to buy the right RAM for your motherboard.

reply to problem

Chances are your proabaly using a type of ram that isnt supported on your system due to its speed, voltage or size, there could also be something wrong with your motherboard too

Back