RAM two pairs with different timing?

I have two pairs of ram with different timing.The first is Corsair 1600 2x2 gb with timing 9-9-9-24 and 1,65v and the second is Kingston 1600 2x2 gb 9-9-9-27 1,65v.
Can i use them together on a mobo Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 with default settings?

You won't get a definitive answer to that until you try them.

On your side is the fact that both Corsair and Kingston are usually supported pretty well by Gigabyte motherboards.Another point in your favour would be that both RAM kits are standard timings.
If they do work then the timings will default to the most relaxed of the two kits.
If they do not work, then it could be indicative that the minor timings aren't in sync. That being the case you might want to download Memset and note all the timings of both kits. Clicking the " >>" button will expand to show all available memory channels.

I would advise NOT using the Memset utility to change memory timing values- use the BIOS.

Good luck.

do not mix ram. Always pair ram.

Here endeth the lesson...a month after the fact.

While mixing RAM is usually unwise unless you know the full spec, I doubt that anything earth shattering would likely occur from mixing brands. Worst case scenario is that it fails memory testing.

Corsair use nine memory IC makers in its DDR3 module range, of which five are common to Kingston (ProMos, Elpida, Hynix, PSC, Samsung) using the exact IC chip's.

Back