Ramdom reboot BSOD IRQ and TCPIP.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gornati

well, i have the minidump, but i posted in other post by mistake, so i am going to put the link in here ok?

So, here it is, we have a windows 2003, server, with citrix presentation server 4.5 installed, sometime computer reboots, the BSOD is attached in here!
The minidump is here also!

Thanks in advance!

here is the mini dump.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=45910&d=1238090285

attachment.php

An 0xD1 error is almost always caused by a faiulty driver. Your minidump cites tcpip.sys and this is a driver belonging to your Windows OS.

TCPIP.sys is used to access the whole IP protocol... Example, if you deactivate it, you won't be able to access the internet and your network because it can't initialize the protocol at windows startup. In other words, it is crucial for internet access.

The problem with Windows OS drivers is that they are too general to be of much help.

Try updating your drivers for your LAN and or NIC card.

An 0xD1 error is almost always caused by a faiulty driver. Your minidump cites tcpip.sys and this is a driver belonging to your Windows OS.

TCPIP.sys is used to access the whole IP protocol... Example, if you deactivate it, you won't be able to access the internet and your network because it can't initialize the protocol at windows startup. In other words, it is crucial for internet access.

The problem with Windows OS drivers is that they are too general to be of much help.

Try updating your drivers for your LAN and or NIC card.

there is a Microsoft KB wich updates the TCPIP.sys...

I dont think i have how to update the driver, because it is a virtual machine on vmware, and the network card is a vmware netowkr card..

checkout.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949234/en-us

by analyzing the dump can you see any entries for:

IPInitiateOffloadComplete function and the IPDelayedInvalidateWorker function.

Neither of those functions are to be found in the minidump. What does the Task Manager show in CPU usage when attempting to connect to the internet?

Neither of those functions are to be found in the minidump. What does the Task Manager show in CPU usage when attempting to connect to the internet?

as i told you, this computer is a windows 2003 server...
task manager is mostly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back