Random BSOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Hello, I have vista x64, and running great until today. I reset my CMOS and when I rebooted, I get a BSOD every time I try and boot vista. I tried doing vista repair with the CD but the CD wouldn't start or something. So I installed Vista on some random 40GB HD I had lying around and I would like to get my other one back online. I don't know where the dump files are so that would probably help you help me :).

E6300 (380x7 Prior to CMOS Reset)
4GB DDR2-800 (380Mhz Prior)
ABIT IB9 P965
MSI GTX 260 OC
Creative Audigy

That should be all relevant system specs. Tell me if you need anything else to help me fix this issue.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I don't think that this is the dump(s) from today, considering the date created is 3-11-09, and that there is only one dump file not multiple and I tried more than once, I tried in safe mode etc.

Also, I can't read the BSOD thing because windows doesnt start, I get the select how to start because recent startup failed, whatever I select I get a flash blue screen then reboot.

Yeah....I don't think that is the current issue, that was probably from a former incident, because its dated 3/11. I might just format and restart. :(. Downloading 20GB in steam games = long.

Well it's going to work because i am on a formatted HD right now. It's just I am going to have to re download a ton of stuff like FEAR, updates, and Steam stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back