Random BSOD/restart/crash to desktop when gaming

Ritwik7

Hi guys!

My friend's rig is having strange issues when playing games for a short while. For example, when playing FIFA 2012 for about 10-15 minutes, the computer will either get a BSOD or random reboot or crash to desktop. It happens for other games as well.

System Specs:

Intel Core i5 750
2x2 GB Corsair XMS3
Palit GTX 275
Corsair TX650

Everything is running at stock speeds.

I am attaching the dumps with this post. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    174.2 KB · Views: 3
No other problems outside of game play? The minidumps are all over the place with:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(HAL.DLL)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(ACPI.SYS)

Is the bios set at defaults? Were all the motherboards drivers installed? Is Windows fully updated including all the optional updates? No SSD drives installed? What brand id the motherboard?

Bsod

I too have these BSODs while gaming...I have the minidumps if anyone would like to take a look at them...should i post it here or in a new thread?
regards,
Ronojoy

A new thread would be nice. A good description of when the BSOD's happen and your complete system specs would help, as well as posting any minidumps. Please remember that you might have to ZIP the minidumps before you can post them

The Motherboard is an MSI P55 GD 65. All updates are installed. BIOS settings should be at default values as he says he's never messed with it. The PC does not give any problems when used for normal everyday work including playing media.

Today, however, while updating his video drivers the computer failed to restart after the installation saying that Windows could not start normally and hung at repair. The PC had to be hard-booted. Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

"Today, however, while updating his video drivers the computer failed to restart"...

It has to be the video card or the power supply is too small to operate the video card properly

The system has been operating fine for 3 years. The Corsair TX 650 is more than sufficient for the GTX 275. Do you think that either component might be damaged with use?

Back