TechSpot

Random BSOD Windows 7

By tosser1
Sep 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    i am experiencing a semi-random (roughly once a week) BSOD on my Windows 7 (x64) PC. I have gone through the drivers, ran Memtest, renewed pagefile, uninstalled new programs, and virus swept.
    Using Blue Screen Viewer I see different drivers supposedly causing the problem (mostly ndis.sys) If someone could review these dumps that would be wonderful as I'm at a loss...
    THANK YOU
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

As per all three minidump files your issue is with Atheros Ethernet Controller driver L1e62x64.sys.

Go to your system's manufacture's website, find you exact model and update to the latest ethernet controller drivers.
  3. tosser1

tosser1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, I did what you said (...previously I had gone through all the devices in Device Manager and checked the drivers, each one "Search automatically for updated driver", and each one said "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"...so is that Windows feature just ineffective?) I will report back in a week or so that hopefully all is resolved...
    (One last thing - I noticed that that device is sharing an IRQ assignment with another device - is that a problem and will I be able to change by disabling/enabling the device?)
    Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate it.
  4. Route44

Shared IRQ is normal. Look forward on hearing your results.
  5. kristain

kristain TS Rookie Posts: 52

6. tosser1

Hi, I was waiting 10 days to post that the problem was resolved but alas, 9 days on and it happened again... hopefully this dump can shed some light on it...
    Thank You

Attached Files:

7. Route44

Same ethernet driver L1E62x64.sys was cited.
  8. tosser1

I know. I can't find a newer Win7 driver so I installed a Vista one and see how that goes....
  9. Route44

There is the possibility that the NIC card itself is bad.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.