Random BSODs during games, points to memory

sporkah

So randomly every game gives me some sort of issue with crashing regardless the error and sometimes it gets mad enough to actually BSOD. So basically the things I have done are the following. I've replaced my hard drive and tested my RAM with memtest86+. I have my dump files from when it's BSODed and kernal files from when trying to play Brink and getting runtime errors. If anyone could point me into the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Everything in the BSOD errors that I looked up pointed towards memory but I have no clue.
Build:
Windows 7 64 bit
Kingston HyperX 4gb x2
Asus p8p67 deluxe revised mobo
EVGA GTX 570
I7 2600 CPU
Corsair SSD 64GB
and
Seagate 1.5TB

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • LiveKernelReports.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
As per your files memory corruption was specifically cited as your issue. How many Passes did you run Memtest for?

It was the RAM

I ran memtetst86+ for 8 hours with both sticks of ram inside the computer so it might've not been long enough I don't know. But anyways I've located which stick was causing the main crashes but I'm not 100% sure if they're both going bad or not because I lock up in the menus of one game still but I'm not sure. Would you suggest re-installing the OS or? BTW I appreciate your help it's made my life a lot easier compared to the last couple days.

Run Memtest per stick, i.e. only have one stick installed while running the test. The rule on memtest is a minimum of 7 Passes (and the more the better) and not hours. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is bad. Repeat for all sticks.

Keep in mind that if you bought your memory in a set, even if one is good, you'll have to RMA as a set.

Lost.

So basically here's where I'm at both sticks of ram test out with memtest 7+ passes letting it run overnight. My blue screens are subsequently gone now after trying multiple things but my new issue is programs such as my steam games just randomly close. I've looked for solutions and basically I'm ready to give as I am back to square one because I can't game it seems though I've tried non steam games which seem to give me no problems. Any ideas?

Hmmmm, okay I want you to run a full security scan and tell us the results of said scan.

Ok so I re-installed the OS and my steam games still continue to just close out straight to desktop after running for random amount of time but it's never over 10 minutes. BUT my only non steam game takes almost nothing to run it so it's not giving me problems, but I'm honestly convinced that both sticks of my RAM are bad regardless what memtest said strictly do to the behavior or the issues being so weird. Such as the programs randomly closing to desktop, punkbuster saying corrupted file/memory even after fresh install of os and game.

There have been issues with Steam and DRM such as what you are experiencing. The fact that this occurs only with Steam games is what led me to the question.

At this point I would go to the Staem forums and see if there is a resolve to this. Please keep us updated.

Well now just everything is crashing lol even after a fresh install everything finds a reason to error or stop responding after being used / run games are the only real issue still. All I can do is wait for the RAM to get here Monday to rule something else out.

Back