Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

Dear All :

I have recently gotten myself a new PC, I have installed Vista Ultimate x64bit as I have 4GB of DDR3 RAM. I having the issue of Random Reboots.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it ? It's kind of urgent due to the fact that this is my home server PC. :(

My Specs :

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz Intel with 12MB L2 ache @ 1333Mhz FSB
Intel DP45SG eXtreme Mobo.
4GB DDR3 Kingston RAM (KVR1333D3N9)
Inno3D GeForce 8400 GS 512MB (Not Proud Of That 1, But Getting the BFG 280 GTX OCX 1 Later)
160GB Maxtor SATA HD
750GB Seagate SATAII HD
Samsung DVD Burner SATA.

My Event Viewer Files :
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmzyhmw2enw

I had rebooting issues when my RAM became corrupted. Since we have no other information to go on the simplest and best thing to do at this point is to run Memtest for a minimum of 7 passes and if you get errors you need to replace your faulty RAM.

www.memtest.org

What CCT suggested plus the fact that even new RAM can be defective. A lot of people who build PCs from scratch can attest to this. How long did you run MemTest?

Well I dunno exactly I left it running n went to work ... And when I got back it was done with no errors. Plus I cannot cycle the RAM 1GB/Day I have 2 slots of 2GB ...

'Plus I cannot cycle the RAM 1GB/Day I have 2 slots of 2GB ...'

How droll!

The, perhaps you could cycle 1 stick for 2 days then the other.

You pull 1 stick and just run the other for a couple days.

No errors! Pull the other, replace the first one and again go a couple days.

Cycling.

1 in, 1 out.

O I currently ran on 1 stick for 24 hours ... still errors ... Switched it now am on the 2nd 1 so far 1 reboot :(

Check my event viewer files please n see if u can find the culprit :(

I put this topgether from bits and pieces to suit me and it applies to XP - you'll have to adjust it a bit.

Before posting your minidumps, please read this:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Now, to set up your XP computer to create the appropriate minidump;

Click 'start', Right click 'My Computer', click 'Properties','Advanced' and under 'Startup and Recovery' click 'Settings'.

Check mark: Write an event to the system log'.

While there, uncheck 'Automatically restart' if it is checked.

Under 'Write debugging information' select 'Small memory dump (64 kB)'. The location is default so leave it.

When you look later for the default location it is in the c:\Minidump folder.

To include that minidump here, you;

Return to this thread, scroll down and click 'Manage Attachments'. Click on the Browse button, find the first minidump file you wish to attach (C:\Minidump) and doubleclick on it.

Well I currently Have Vista x64bit installed and not XP ... But I will attach minidump as soon as 1 is created :D

no minidump was created, so I formatted, tested everything and installed Vista x86 ... Still the reboots are more often, I tested all my RAM, no flaws, HD, no flaws, CPU, well SpeedFan reports its temp to -65 Deg. Centegrade ......

What is going on ?????

Is that 65 degrees Celcius? Is that the idle temperature or under load? The reason I ask is because that makes it 149 degrees fahrenheit. What is your video card's heat range? Or was that temperature from your CPU? What is your system and cpu tempts? How is your airflow?

If it is a heat issue there is little wonder your system is shutting down. 149 degrees seems awful hot. Even under a load my GeForce 9600GT runs no higher than 98 degrees fahreinheit.

Try this: Open your side case and have a fan blow into your case at its low setting. Tell us the results.

1st of all it's negative 65 degrees celcius, that's what speedfan is showing, 2nd I have a Thermaltake BigTyp 120 VX CPU fan, so CPU annot be overheating,

and 3rd I tested everything from RAM with Memtest to HD, Maxtor Tools, no issues were reported, I also have a Thermaltake ToughPower 1200 W PSU working fine.

My only deduction is that the Inno3D GeForce 8400GS 512MB GPU might be the problem, I dunno ...

Please Help ASAP !!!!!

Sorry, I thought the "-" was a typo. Minus 65 degrees Celcius is minus 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless your in the Artic somewhere I think something is wrong with your speedfan readings/software.

Also, is the fan working on your video card?

s0w9ophdk3e0nivyy2sb.jpg

And yes it IS working fine ... :S

Sorry for double post, but I have had 2 restarts, and 2 minidumps added bellow, Why ?

Plus I have an even weirder issue in the bios when I go to the additional info of my Mobo all fields are blank, is that normal ?

e0f3fhz2ot38fuofh4g.jpg

Mini011809-01.dmp
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?oszm49sumvj

Mini011809-02.dmp
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmhmgmjabez

The minidumps can be attached here, using the small Attach button->
attach.gif
in a new reply
Just Attach 1, then the other (no need to zip up either ;) )

I Attached the 2 minidumps please check'em n report back ASAP please, My PC is slowly dying and it's only 2 weeks old :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back