Random Restarts/Memory Dumps Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a 2.4 Pentium 4 Processor, 1 gig of ram, Nvidia Geforce 6200, 70 Gig HD. I have had problems with my computer restarting at least 6 times a day and it seems random. Sometimes I get the blue screen of death, sometimes a myriad of colors and I have to reboot. Also I frequently get the generic "error report sent" message, sometimes when I am on the internet using firefox it randomly shuts down, it mostly happens however when I play Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, and Warcraft 3. Here are the event logs and mini dumps, any help is appreciated thank you.

Event ID: 1003

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 60569f7f, parameter3 f7cb1b48, parameter4 f7cb1844.

Mini dump attached

Appears to me to be either a memory failure or a video graphics card dying. Suggest you download and run MemTest86, which is very good, and free, then run it for four hours, or overnight, continuously. That will either affirm it is a memory problem or rule it out.

I do not have the same brands of memory running, could this be part of the problem? I was reading the site to see if it had been asked before and they say not having the same brand can cause errors. I'll just run down to best buy and grab the same kind for the other slot if thats the case, it had 512 in it when I got it and I bought some ram much later and put it in. I'll run memtest86 later, I need to buy some new cdrws.

Rarely is it the "same brand" issue, but rather same physical design... different densities, different latency, etc. But for gaming, and for very high speed computers, you are going to have your best luck with identical matched pairs, even from the same manufacturer. You will find matched sets at www.zipzoomfly.com, www.crucial.com, and other sites.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes with hardwear and a bugcheck of 7E. It has CPU_CALL_ERROR which is usually due to a faulty mobo/psu/video card.

Start by trying another psu and see if you still get the same crashes.

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: CPU_CALL_ERROR

Followup: MachineOwner

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back