TechSpot

Random restarts

By ajcsessz
Nov 6, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys

I keep getting random restarts lately, can someone please help me interpret this error ?

If more information is needed please tell me and I'll post more.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi ajcsessz

MS has some info on that error code here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182/en-us
    This may be your issue specifically, and if so, please follow MS directions on how to fix it.

But I have also seen this error happen with certain programs running (usually high memory intensive programs) Things like Norton, or graphics type programs

If you have any of these things running at the time, then please mention this in a reply.

Whilst checking MS and possibly un-installing any not required programs, you may also want to look at runningMemtest on your Ram

Please reply when next available :)
  3. ajcsessz

ajcsessz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply.

First it started to restart while using Sharp Develop, now it restarts almost every time I try to start Cowon Jetaudio, the latest restart was while starting Paint ...

Tried memtest but the memory is OK.
  4. kimsland

I tell you what try this simple test, it may prove beneficial

1. Run CCleaner

2. Run CheckDisk

Checkdisk Xp, or Checkdisk Vista instructions

After you restart, try one of those programs again
  5. ajcsessz

ajcsessz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Tried it but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem , still having restarts ....

Isn't there a way to interpret the error parameters , and pinpoint the problem ?
  6. kimsland

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.