Random shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostilad

"BOW"
Greetings great & wise pipo of the comp age.i hav a problem.my pc is randomly sutting down without warning!then the p.c attempts to startup again but then after jst running the booting screen instead of the windows xp screen coming up a messsage comes saying "re-booting failed.choose the drive which to boot up from.press any key to continue."i thot this was a problem wit my OS tried to repair the OS wit an XP installation disk but a message came saying "hard disk C is offline check if it's connected or not corrupt.after switching it on it did the same thing but after banging the cpu a bit it came on .the problem recurrs all the time.afer 1-20hrs.the hard disk light jst goes off.oh somebody borrowd my cpu to boot up their hard disk a week ago.that is wen this problem started.
"BOW":eek: :blush:

the problem looks to be in bios settings.....unplugged any USB device and check the in bios boot order......
Secondly check ur disk with check disk utility.....right click in C and then select check ****....if the problem still exist let us know

"BOW"
i solved the problem .thanxi jst had to check the connections.re-connected both power and cable to the MB and ta daa!everything is jigga no MORE random shut downs.But i still want to know what " check disk utility.....right click in C and then select check ****...." means wat r the **** stand for?
"BOW"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back