Random XP restarts - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 PCs that started randomly restarting. We have completely reloaded one and ran all the recommended tests with no luck. Could someone please look at these minidumps? I am suspecting McAfee Virusscan v8.0 but confirmation would sure be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

And the problem was caused by

I realize the cause of this problem is hard to pin down. For us the problem was a conflict between two pieces of software. Aventail Connect (a proprietary banking system) and McAfee Virusscan v8.0. Patch 10 is required (already was installed) and one registry edit. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NaiAvTdin
where n is 0 or 1 and change the value of the dword "start" from 1 to 4 and
then reboot the system]
While the chances that any of you are using the same two pieces of software are extremely unlikely I felt it possibly could be useful to post the solution to our particular problem.
PROBLEM THANKFULLY RESOLVED

hey everybody if you have problems with virus just use mcafee security center

hello everyone i think mcafee virus scan is the best anti virus. since i use it for two years now my computer is free from virus. no virus can enter. this software is the best among the rest of anti virus

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

deflint said:
We have 4 PCs that started randomly restarting. We have completely reloaded one and ran all the recommended tests with no luck. Could someone please look at these minidumps? I am suspecting McAfee Virusscan v8.0 but confirmation would sure be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

All your minidumps crash at asnttdi.sys. I can find no info for this file. Do you recognise it? They all have a bugcheck of 93.

0x00000093: INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE

This is a relatively rare error condition. Most documentation points to a driver problem — so check all hardware drivers starting with the most obvious, the video driver. Microsoft’s main page recommends general hardware troubleshooting.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi,

The crashes are at the same instruction address and I believe that it is a software error at asnttdi.sys (ie kerio firewall). Upgrade or de-install kerio firewall may fix the blue screen problem.

Mini120705-02.dmp BugCheck 93, {768, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : asnttdi.sys ( asnttdi+75f1 )

Mini120605-03.dmp BugCheck 93, {880, 0, 0, 0}

Mini120705-01.dmp BugCheck 93, {9b4, 0, 0, 0}

Random XP restarts

I also have been having problems with my PC restarting...

System:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
Motherboard: Intel D915GAG
Memory: 1GB PC3200 DDR 400
Video card: Intel 82915G (64MB)
Soundcard: Intel 82801FB ICH6 High Def. Audio Controller
Hard Disk: Seagate 300 SATA 7200 (ST3320620AS)
Optical Drives: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A; LG GDR8163B
Operating System: XP Media Center 2005 SP2 (with all updates)

Problem:
My computer is randomly restarting. Over the past few days it has restarted three times. The first time I had just turned on my PC and when it got to the windows loading screen it restarted, then loaded just fine. The second time was after I "woke" the computer up then I got on the internet to try and figure out what could cause this problem...then it restarted. The third time was today I again "woke" up the computer and started to check my e-mail then it restarted. The computer has restarted in the past but these three are the only logs I was able to get.

Error report
After booting back into XP after the crash, I get a "windows has encountered a critical error" message and it asks me if I want to submit it to Microsoft. If I view the error details myself, this is what they said:

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 805219C4 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Above it the most recent restart report. It also shows the link where the logs have been stored.

Things I have done

Replaced the hard drive: Ran chkdsk with an enormous amount of bad sectors and it started making the deadly buzzing noise.

Installed XP Media Center (with all updates)

Installed latest motherboard and device drivers

Cleaned all dust off computer

Checked CPU temperature: 40-45 C (idle) 52-57 (load)

Ran Video Card Stress Test-No problems.

Replaced the RAM

****Everything is at its stock speed. Nothing has ever been over clocked****

I am not sure what else to try. Any Ideas?

I have attached the most recent three mini dumps.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE!!

I turned off my PC last night and this morning when I got up and turned it on the black boot screen came up (start windows in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt...etc.) started windows normally and it didn't have any problems from there. It did come up with the "windows has encountered a critical error" the codes are below and I have attached the newest minidump.

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 0000008F BCP2 : 00000700 BCP3 : 00000708
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Thanks,
Mike

One minidump is crashed with IRQL x'1c' and it is caused by faulty memory. The faulty memory may be ram, L1 cache memory of CPU and cache memory of the m/b. Thanks for your confirmation that your problem is related to m/b. I will update my record, the acculumated confirmed case for faulty m/b is 4, 13 for ram, 6 for cpu, 3 for overheat, 4 for software.

Mini121407-02.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {5c300, 1c, 1, 805021a8}
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS ( SYMEVENT+7602 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back