TechSpot

Razer intros DeathAdder gaming mouse for lefties

By Matthew
Mar 16, 2010
  1. Razer has announced the arrival of its first gaming mouse designed specifically for left-handed users, the Razer DeathAdder Left Hand Edition. Crafted with professional left-handed gamers in mind, the new mouse combines an ergonomic form factor with a 3.5G infrared sensor, offering lefties a competitive edge compared to existing ambidextrous or right-handed mice.

Read the whole story

2. Kovach

Kovach TS Rookie Posts: 44

I'm lefty and I'm glad that such a good gaming mouse like Razer is made for lefty. I will buy it for sure and test it.

3. Vicenarian

Vicenarian TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +9

Do the lasers/sensors in these high-end mice last any longer than your typical $35.00 Microsoft or Logitech mouse? Or are you just paying for DPI, looks, and more buttons?

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

I'm a leftie and play TF2 all the time! Finally can press more buttons on the mouse! Ordering one of these on friday!

And you pay for slightly quicker responses and they last just as long if not longer than your standard due to being well made. Although a portion of the money does go to looks and brand name.

5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

I still have a fully working MX500, which has taken so much abuse.....The mice feet have worn down pretty bad, so I replaced it with a G5, and the MX500 is now on another comp.

However, I did have an optical Logitech mouse bought around the time they first released optical mice which just died last year. For sentimental reasons I then tried to fix it, and it seems to be a cable problem: apparently over the years I managed to twist the cable so bad that it disconnected from within the mouse....

6. Geek4life

Geek4life TS Rookie Posts: 31

Pretty nice for a left hander, although my G5 right hander is holding up nicely.

7. ToastOz

ToastOz TS Rookie Posts: 59

I have a razor mamba wireless. I have been extremely happy with its performance although you pay more for a razer mouse the performance is great and sometimes its just good to have something that looks kick ***.

8. drasho

drasho TS Rookie Posts: 62

ive been using this mouse for a while and i can say taht this mouse kick ***... this is a good news for hte lefty =)

9. flukeh

flukeh TS Rookie Posts: 57

I'm not much of an enthusiast mouse person. I've used razer mouses and G5's and wahtnot, but a relatively standard $25 Logitech mouse will perform just as well with maybe a few less useless buttons.

10. ain77

ain77 TS Rookie

I've always used Razer mice cos they so fast and comfortable. This is good news indeed.

11. Renegeek

Renegeek TS Rookie Posts: 96

I'v heard a lot about razer's mice, and never heard of any complaints. they do seem to have a lot of features, and very durable. and now for lefty people, thats allsome.

12. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 459

Great to see an enthusiast company like Razer doing something for all the lefties. Always like the look of the Deathadder, maybe I'll look at getting a Razer mouse when my Sidewinder X8 dies if MS don't release an updated model of the X8.

13. Recipe7

Recipe7 TS Enthusiast Posts: 142

I personally know 2 people that are discouraged from PC games because they can't seem to find the right mouse (left mouse?) that suites them. I'm going to have to introduce the DeathAdder to them.

14. Thompson

Thompson TS Rookie Posts: 65

Gotta love a company that is willing to go out on a limb and bring a product to a market that nobody really cares about or even notices, go Razer!

Looks like a nice mouse too, good luck lefties.

15. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Passing this on to my left-handed friends who have been howling for years about not having a gaming mouse for them.

16. ToastOz

ToastOz TS Rookie Posts: 59

a bad gamer blames his tools

17. ucould2

ucould2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 335

I know a 'southpaw' and already left them mail on it, Nice price-point too!

18. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

hey and wat about us righties?
    lol!

19. ucould2

ucould2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 335

Noticed your a Thom-P-son that's "normal"?

20. rajmond

rajmond TS Rookie Posts: 45

I think Robert Krakoff (RAZOR president) is left-handed, because he made a special mouse for left-handed gamers (taking the fact that there are not so much left-handed gamers)

21. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

That's good for the lefties, nothing new though tech wise.
    Good idea from Razer again.

22. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

This is a great product for a niche market sorely missing viable alternatives. Lefties have been long ignored by most mouse manufacturers for quite some time.

23. EduardsN

EduardsN TS Rookie Posts: 56

My friend is a lefty, he got used to a regular mouse though

24. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

Nice to see the lefties getting some sweet gear.

25. Docnoq

Docnoq TS Rookie Posts: 141

I have one of the 3.5G Deathadders (for righties) and I recommend for any lefty that needs a new mouse. Haven't had any issues with it whatsoever.. although it did take some adjusting as I upgraded from a MX510. The extra ~2k DPI really helps too :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.