Razer intros Naga Hex gaming mouse, launches Synapse 2.0

By Jos
Jan 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Razer has pulled the curtain on a couple of new products as the Las Vegas Convention Center officially opened its doors to CES 2012 attendees. First up is the Razer…

Read the whole story
  2. I've always wanted to try the Razer brand. I personally have a 'G' mouse from Logitech (forgot which one exactly) and love it. Still, give me this in RED and I'll give it a shot.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

I might find this mouse a little more useful than the original Naga, as long as they have adjusted the size to fit more average to large hands easily. The original Naga seemed like it was made for kids or very small-handed members of society. Rather disappointing, I was all ready to grab one, then (luckily) I tried one out at a big electronics store. After about 5 minutes my big paws were ready to cramp up, and my poor thumb was ready to retire.
  4. jetkami

jetkami Newcomer, in training Posts: 99

Is it me or Razer mice never last more then 1.5 years. I have had 3 so far.
  5. I've owned the orginal Logitech DiNovo set. I've had the MX1000 and the G500 Mouse. Those are great for First-Person Shooters or other games that require a faster, more accurate response. However, I also have the Razer Naga, which I used for World of Warcraft, which it is perfectly suited for. It gives you the options to use your abilities at your "thumb-tip" while freeing up your directional hand to give you greater access to other abilities. To sum it up, instead of just having your abilities limited to the 12 numerical buttons on your keyboard, you can also have macro abilities set to your mouse buttons that act seperately from the keyboard, giving you a total of 24 buttons with easier access and splitting the actions between the hands, allowing for faster reaction time or faster timing between abilities. Would I use it for First-Person Shooters over the G500? No. These mice are being specifically designed for gaming categories. Logitech GSeries being oriented towards FPS and similar games, Razer Naga oriented towards MMO's and similar games, and the Razer Hex being oriented towards RTS & Diablo. Outside of their niche, they would get foul reviews. When used inside their niche, they're irreplaceble.
  6. Meh. My G500 ain't goin nowhere.
  7. Twixtea

Twixtea Newcomer, in training Posts: 87

Hmm... I have a Razer Lachesis for 2 years now and it's still wonderful.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.