Razer launches Tartarus gaming keypad ahead of Gamescom

By Shawn Knight
Aug 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Razer on Thursday launched a new membrane gaming keypad known as the Razer Tartarus. The niche accessory, which will serve as the successor to the Razer Nostromo, features 15 face buttons with 25 programmable keys as well as an eight-way...

Read more
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,381   +607

Ew, green, and no scroll wheel? Seems like a cut down version of the Nostromo.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,009   +681

You know, I never could figure out why to use the scroll wheel on the Nostromo. I probably should have, but my particular pad had pretty high tension on it and I didn't ever use it.

This item needed an upgrade though, I always thought it was great, and the price never seemed to go down, which meant they must have been selling ok. As far as I know the Nostromo never had real Win 7 drivers, so the razer version will probably sell ok. Even in green.
  4. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TechSpot Booster Posts: 396   +135

Does this come with a free tube of toothpaste to get rid of the tartar?
    coppersloane likes this.
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

I still have my nostromo, got it from bestbuy 5 years back for 25 bucks.
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,779   +700

Can you still get your money back? It's worth a shot.
  7. Direphoenix

Direphoenix Newcomer, in training

The scroll wheel on the Nostromo is useful for games that require a throttle. The Tartarus feels really great in the hand, but without that scroll wheel, it does not suit my needs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.