Razer will honor erroneous 90 percent off coupon code

By Shawn Knight
Apr 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan recently announced plans to honor an unauthorized 90 percent off coupon code that went viral a few days ago. He noted that Razer had the option of legally cancelling the orders but they decided...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,806   +1,431

I for one would feel guilty for taking advantage of such a huge accident. While I might still expect a discount, I would not find minimizing the discount dishonorable.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,490   +302

Wow, now that, that's doing the right thing, way to go razer.
    It is about time I got a new mouse actually :)
    havok585 likes this.
  4. WaveZero

WaveZero Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

Now that's how you treat your customers! Props to Razer...
    havok585 likes this.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 825   +212

Razer is a growing company with great devices. My Deathadder and Blackwidow Ultimate are going on year 3 and I have never had a single problem. Although, I take very good care of my hardware.
  6. TekGun

TekGun TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 156   +11

Well played...
  7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

By the time I found out everything was out of stock anyway... But well done to Razer on doing the right thing, offering the 90% off one of each product was a great solution.
  8. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Wonder if anyone got 90% off a Razer Edge or Blade? Ouch!
  9. How do some of you feel they did the right thing and honor it? If I went ahead and offered YOUR house, your service, your anything for 90% off and people ordered it, would it be the right thing for you to do to honor it? No way, it was a third partys fault. I wouldn't have.
  10. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

The Edge and Blade are not available on the UK Razer Store. So no :)
  11. Rasta211

Rasta211 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194   +24

What they should have done was add more fine print. "90% off on selected items, like a mousepad".
    Mbloof likes this.

12. I think I know from which company will I buy my first gaming mouse, even without the discount :)
  13. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

I had a bad customer experience with Razer a couple of years ago. I still won't touch any of their stuff no matter how good the product or how good they try to spin their customer relations today. Bottom line is I don't NEED their products even if I wanted them.
  14. You will never find a company where there has not been at least one bad customer experience, if that's your criteria for a good company (completely unrealistic BTW). A good company will try to reduce these experiences, as Razer is trying to do.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.