TechSpot

Razer will honor erroneous 90 percent off coupon code

By Shawn Knight
Apr 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan recently announced plans to honor an unauthorized 90 percent off coupon code that went viral a few days ago. He noted that Razer had the option of legally cancelling the orders but they decided...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

I for one would feel guilty for taking advantage of such a huge accident. While I might still expect a discount, I would not find minimizing the discount dishonorable.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +683

Wow, now that, that's doing the right thing, way to go razer.
    It is about time I got a new mouse actually :)

havok585 likes this.
  4. WaveZero

WaveZero TS Enthusiast Posts: 41

Now that's how you treat your customers! Props to Razer...

havok585 likes this.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

Razer is a growing company with great devices. My Deathadder and Blackwidow Ultimate are going on year 3 and I have never had a single problem. Although, I take very good care of my hardware.

6. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

Well played...

7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

By the time I found out everything was out of stock anyway... But well done to Razer on doing the right thing, offering the 90% off one of each product was a great solution.

8. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

Wonder if anyone got 90% off a Razer Edge or Blade? Ouch!

9. How do some of you feel they did the right thing and honor it? If I went ahead and offered YOUR house, your service, your anything for 90% off and people ordered it, would it be the right thing for you to do to honor it? No way, it was a third partys fault. I wouldn't have.

10. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD TS Enthusiast Posts: 41   +17

The Edge and Blade are not available on the UK Razer Store. So no :)

11. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

What they should have done was add more fine print. "90% off on selected items, like a mousepad".

Mbloof likes this.
  12. I think I know from which company will I buy my first gaming mouse, even without the discount :)

13. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 640   +56

I had a bad customer experience with Razer a couple of years ago. I still won't touch any of their stuff no matter how good the product or how good they try to spin their customer relations today. Bottom line is I don't NEED their products even if I wanted them.

14. You will never find a company where there has not been at least one bad customer experience, if that's your criteria for a good company (completely unrealistic BTW). A good company will try to reduce these experiences, as Razer is trying to do.