TechSpot

RealBlackStuff

By Shadowrunner
Nov 25, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. Is he back?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

As far as I`m aware, and I stand to be corrected. RBS is still on the forums, but isn`t doing anymore HJT logs etc.

Regards Howard :)

3. gary_hendricks

gary_hendricks TS Rookie Posts: 107

I've noticed RBS posts some very good messages. I really enjoy reading his topics.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

He didn't quit the forums, he just resigned from his moderatorship.

5. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

I realize this is an old post, but I was thinking the same thing just the other day. I dont even see posts from him at all anymore.....he still around??

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I`m afraid not.

It seems like we might have heard the last of him unfortunately.

It`s a real shame, considering the contribution he made to these forums. However, we have to move on without him.

Maybe, he`ll come back one day.

Regards Howard :)

7. halo71

so I guess the question of what happened to him is not going to be answered ehh?

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

bummer........

9. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Peddant`s detective agency found this -

"In case you haven't heard yet, I'll be moving from Ireland to the USA in August......
    (To)Pennsylvania, a small village near the Pocono mountains....... Thornhurst PA.
    Our daughter will go to school in nearby Moscow!...."
    RBS

From HERE

10. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

He has replied to one or two posts here since he left, but I'm afraid that untill such time as he decides that he may or may not post here more often (or at all), he is but a fond memory of old times :)

To answer the question, RBS left of his own accord but further than that, it is not something anyone else really has the right to say for him. Sufficed to say though that he is a very busy person, did an awful lot for a llot of people here, and will no doubt be getting on with his life (hopefully getting on well :))

11. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

I'd just like to give my two cents in recognising RealBlackStuff's contribution to this forum.
    I'll miss you buddy, hope your doing well.

12. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

I hate to bump this thread up to the top yet again, but I feel it necessary to say this: A lot of you guys that post here are relatively new, as in you have came here in the past 2 years or so, that may not seem new to you, and I am in no way trying to be elitist so please don't take it that way.
    But it is the nature of online communities for people to come and go, sometimes people are forcefully removed, and most of the time they aren't, most of the time people just leave on their own for any number of reasons.
    What matters is how they spent their time here, and RBS was a fantastic member of TS while he was here. There is no need to go looking into it any further than that because there is nothing further.

13. halo71

The only reason I asked is because I was a member of this site about 4 years ago. And stopped coming to the site, for some personal reasons. But I remembered RBS helping more than a few times and was just wondering about him is all.

14. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Before any more speculations float around: I did leave TS on my own accord, as my upcoming move to the US is way more important than some piddly virus infections or crashing hard disks.
    I still 'lurk' here every now and then (old habits die hard) but don't expect anything else from me. After all, I am now 61 and (re)tired.
    You, the younger generation, should try and gain your own wisdom.
    Best of Irish to you all.

15. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

welcome to the US. Remember traffic drives on the right! ;)