Really anoying all this HDR AA stuff !!HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

I gotta x1900 crossfire edition card

Far cry patch 1.4 (official i assume, got it from the far cry website link)

all settings whacked up HDR setting on 7 (looks amazing btw :p )

Just i cant seem to get any AA working with it, i tried everythin, any one got any tricks?

Cheers people

Edit: Please watch your language, we have young members here.

I am sure Howard the Moderator will be around to clean up your language :) . What are your system specs, and how do you know that anti-aliasing is off?

Hey Ollie,
Far Cry is a TWIMTBP title (NVidia) so it therefore forcefully disables AA when HDR is enabled.

I know it sucks, but many games have this in them for that particular issue.

We've been promised a patch to fix this for an eternity but Crysis has yet to deliver on this promise. Most likely once NV gets a card out that can not only perform FP16 blends on MRT, but can also benchmark up to the X1900 level with this feature will we see such a patch in reality.

Sucks... but money makes the world go around.

OK thanks for your help, so there is absolutly nothing i can do to force AA and HDR on in far cry? i just got to wait for a patch to come out?

Ollie30001 said:
OK thanks for your help, so there is absolutly nothing i can do to force AA and HDR on in far cry? i just got to wait for a patch to come out?
Yeah pretty much I guess....

Theres one last thing you can try though. To to the card's control panel (ATI Tool, ATI Tray Tools, or ATI Control Center can all do this) and set the "forced" AA mode to 4x. This way AA is controlled by that rather than by the game, so I guess it *could* work. But I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back