Really... really angry!

abe10tiger

I just downloaded this game called Area 51 yesterday. I waited like 7 hours for more for the download to finish. (direct download 1.9GB) After the download was finished, I tried it and installed it.... it worked fine but when the game starts, the screen is soooooooo bright and I can't see anything but white people, white walls, white cars white EVERYTHING! but when I look around, the screen goes back to normal for awhile, but when I look back to another, it turns white again!.....I don't think it's a problem with my laptop because I also tried it in my cousin's computer.. the same thing happened.... I'm really angry for waiting for something to finish jsut to find out that it won't work..... :mad:

@dividebyzero: Thanks! At least I know that I'm not the only one with this problem. The Dane guy said that The white screen error is a common issue for people who do not have a supported video chipset/card. The supported chips/cards are listed on the bottom of the game box and also at Midway's Support Department knowledgebase: the link is gone but atleast I know that it is a problem with my laptop. Well , thanks for the reply.

Try updating your drivers and see if it helps
LaptopVideo2Go might help if your manufacturer does not offer updated drivers and the standard nVidia or ATI drivers will not install....

The first link you told me to visit was OK. The driver scan really proved useful and found a lot of outdated drivers. But the problem is, before I can download those drivers, I need to pay. :(

I'll try the next one.

Thanks for the help!

@ Superty12 -
Midway has made the PC version of Area 51 available for free download and free playing without cost. Everybody can now download full version of Area 51 game to install on Windows PC for free playing without limitation or restriction. The full version game of Area 51 also has no time expiration, but it’s sponsored by advertising (adware sponsored by US Air Force).
per My Digital Life

Hey abe, I had this exact same problem several years ago when the game came out on my laptop. It's usually an issue with an unsupported gpu as you read, and in this case any mobile gpu. I even contacted Midway when they still existed and they informed me the game wasn't designed for any mobile gpu. However the game is so dated I'd imagine several newer models should be able to run it.

Hey abe, I had this exact same problem several years ago when the game came out on my laptop. It's usually an issue with an unsupported gpu as you read, and in this case any mobile gpu. I even contacted Midway when they still existed and they informed me the game wasn't designed for any mobile gpu. However the game is so dated I'd imagine several newer models should be able to run it.

So were you still able to play the game?

Back