TechSpot

reboot during games and watching movies

By lskywalker983
Jun 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!I'm new here so first of all great work!

Now.I have a problem!When i play games like neverwinter nights2, titan quest and generally "new" games my system reboots. Sometimes this happens even when i watch movies!Please help me.I'm that close to breakdown!

I enclose the necessary files.

My machine:
    gigabyte 8ipe1000
    HT CPU @2,6GHz
    2x512, 2x256 ram double channel
    120gb WD
    ati radeon 1600 pro
    plextor DVD
    Plextor DVD rec

I've done all the updates for drivers,formated the hard disk and a memtest.
    Nothing special noted concerning my problem

2. SPARTA

SPARTA TS Rookie Posts: 16

Well i just had a similar problem. Turns out my cpu was overheating. computer shop replaced the heatsink with "3d rocket II cooler". Now I have no dramas:) Hope that helps.

3. lskywalker983

lskywalker983 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Did you have the same log report?

4. SPARTA

SPARTA TS Rookie Posts: 16

I had no reports...Mine used to just restart. Try checking if it is an overheating issue. Sorry but thats the best i can help you!

5. lskywalker983

Tnx but unfortunately i've already checked the cpu temp and there's nothing wrong.

6. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

You've got a strange bugcheck, and from looking around, it looks to be a problem with the ATI video card drivers. I couldn't find a solution, so the only thing I can suggest is to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them following the instructions HERE. You can also try googling the error I've marked below.

BugCheck 100000CF, {bfb8f220, 0, bfb8f220, 0}
    Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+cb220 )

TERMINAL_SERVER_DRIVER_MADE_INCORRECT_MEMORY_REFERENCE <--Google this
    A driver has been incorrectly ported to Terminal Server. It is referencing session space addresses from the system process context. Probably from queueing an item to a system worker thread. The broken driver's name is displayed on the screen.

7. lskywalker983

Is there any program with which i can test the mobo and the rest of my hardware and how they co-operate?

Anyway,I did as you proposed and the crash hapenned again but this time the bccode was 1000008e with parameters
    1 c000001d
    2 804dcaa1
    3 a6b2cc78
    4 00000000

Any comments?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.