S

[SSR]Hoskins

Hi ladies and gents this is my first post here. Before i get started i will
list to best of my ability my pc specs.If theres something i missed
feel free to ask.

operating System Windows Xp Home Sp2
Mobo Abit sg-72 rev1.1
Chipset SiS661fx
CPU Intel 3.0 Ghz Prescott (cooled by Arctic Cooling freezer 4)
Audio Soundblaster live 5.1
Vid BFG 7800 GS OC 256mb agp
PSU Xion 500w Dual rail 38amp
Memory 1024mb Kingston pc3200
Chassis Thermaltake Soprano
120mm + 90mm Exhaust Fans
120mm Intake Fan
Aerocool Gatewatch 101 Fan and Temp Controller
Monitor Acer Al1916w
Speakers Logitech z640
Primary Master Maxtor 80GB
Slave Western Digital 80GB
Secondary Master Maxtor 60GB
Slave Pioneer DVR-112D DVD\RW

ok i think thats out of the way, now down to the issue. When i turn on my pc it often reboots up to 3 or 4 times before it actually comes on. Sometimes it also makes it to windows login screen but screen goes black and stays that way until i hit reset and other times i get the BSOD but it blinks on the screen so fast i can't even read what the error says.Once its up and running after the normal daily boot it can remain on for the whole day which is usually 16 hours or more here without any locking\freezing\reboots.It runs pretty smooth,no slow downs and CPU only runs in mid 40C range when under full load.The PSU voltages appear normal and obviously overheating is not an issue.Ive also ran Powermax diagnostics on the boot drive as well as memtest on the memory and both have passed so this ones really got me stumped.Any help would be appreciated.

to get it to stop rebooting so fast you can, when it boots ok, or possibly by booting in safe mode, right-click on my computer, select advanced, startup and recovery, and uncheck "Automatically Restart". Now when it crashes you will be able to read the bluescreen info. Usually a stop error, with a number. that is useful info.

You might try a CMOS reset also
Ive already done that....

to get it to stop rebooting so fast you can, when it boots ok, or possibly by booting in safe mode, right-click on my computer, select advanced, startup and recovery, and uncheck "Automatically Restart". Now when it crashes you will be able to read the bluescreen info. Usually a stop error, with a number. that is useful info.
can't believe i never thought of that....ive got it set now and will post error information when i get the bsod.The thing actually started fine this morning :knock: Im starting to think it may be a driver issue although afaik all my system drivers are latest available.

ok now i got something and looks like my assumption may be correct.
Question now is ,what driver is it? heres the blue screen info

Run the driver verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers. If that doesn't reveal the corrupting driver try enabling special pool.Both of these features are intended to catch the corruption at an earlier point where the offending driver can be identified.

***Stop 0x000000c5 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80550ae2)

just to follow up on this thread, i reinstalled video and audio drivers
and seems to have solved the issue (fingers crossed) its been 3 days
without the bsod.

Sounds like you may have fixed it, here's the info on Stop C5:

0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back