LG DVD Rom
Ultra Floppy/Card Reader
Zalman 9700 CPU Cooler
Dell Ultrasharp 19" LCD
Logitech Z-5300 5.1
XP Home

Up and running pretty well with a few issues
1 - Will have boot failure about 50% of the time when coming out of standby
2 - Have completely lost sound (had to download drivers to get it back)
3 - When playing a game (need for speed pro-street) the computer will
occasionally restart (GPU temp 50c- 60c)
Any hints or suggestions welcome

my question is how good is your power supply? (in amps @12+ rails) it might have something to do with your issue number 3

With issue number 1 you might need to update some of your drivers or maybe you have a nonsigned driver
(i never had a good experience with standby, so i gave up on it)

PS I have the BFG Geforce 7300 GT version and it lagged a lot when i played need for speed pro, how does yours handle it (i got the same temps on my gpu)

AC INPUT 115V/230V - 60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB
600W Max
Combined
Watts 25A 32A 32A - 0.6A - 2A
600W
These are the specs for the PS...The graphics are great...just weird how it sometimes restarts, sometimes just freezes...it did the restart thing once when not gaming...I have updated the bios to the latest revision and GPU drivers as well...

I'm out of suggestions then cuz the psu should be plenty

but you can disable the restart....
System properties/ advanced/ startup and recovery setting/ and under system failure uncheck automatically restart

it wont fix it but it wont bug you as much...

Ran 2 Memtest's simultaneously for 2 hours...0 errors...I wondered about the ram also as Asus did not have OCZ in their reccomended ram list...Seems to be OK though...

Did you run it on each stick individually? Also, have you tried using the parts in another mobo? From the look of things, it might be the mobo going bad.

Yes...tested both individually....sure hope it's not the mobo...this one is the second of two tried in this build and seems OK otherwise....I thought Asus was a better way to go and hope I was not wrong

that is not a good PSU and should be the first thing to replace as PSU give a lot of trouble if they are not top notch. and really u should look on the side of the PSU for the specs of it, saying 600wats means nothing.

You may want to run memtest longer than a couple of hours. I had problems with a pc and I ran it on each stick individually for a pass. They all passed but I kept having problems with critical failures so I thought it was my mobo. For the hell of it, I ran each test individually overnight and bingo, bad stick found. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back