Recently upgraded computer but a game still runs on low FPS

XiiSerenity

So I recently upgraded my pc so I could play games better and for over all use. But for some reason When I play Overlord 2 I get the same FPS as I did with the old set up and it makes no sense. I haven't Tried any other games but will. about 7-12 fps
My current Set up
Cpu:AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0Ghz Dual Core
Main Board: Foxconn M61PMP-K
Memory: DDR3 Wintec AmpX 2x2g
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 6800
PWS: DYNAPOWER USA ADW-500 500W ATX12V Power Supply

also I have set my system to run for best performance like I did with my old set up and I still get around the same FPS.

What was your previous graphics card?

That is most likely holding back your FPS. Also, how much RAM (memory) are you using?

Well my graphics card is quite old, It was one of the parts I did not upgrade, I use about 2.00GB while the game goes on.

Also I play Left For Dead 2 at 30-60 fps and WoW at 30 Fps so those games are fine its pretty much Just overlord that gives me trouble.

The GeForce 6800 only meets the minimum requirements for the game and is, therefore, below the recommended requirements. IMO, your graphics card is holding you back.

It is indeed, and I think its a very good investment, unless ATI can pull something special out of their hat with their upcoming HD6xxx series in few months.

The GeForce 6800 meets the minimum requirements try to run the game at lower details lower resolution n quality

Both your CPU and GPU should get upgraded. Probably to a Phenom X2/3/4 CPU and at least some Radeon 5770 or more depending on what resolution you are gaming on.

(edit: or wait until October or so, and grab the new 6xxx Radeon series).

hellokity, I'm not sure the cabling on the PSU is okay for that type of PCIe cards, although it should increase the average and minimum fps per specific engine type.

j/k! :D

Back