Recovery from bugcheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
In last 12 days, I got two BSODs and restarts when clicking on a link in Opera browser in two different pages.

After both of the crashes, event log said: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x7ffd9000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x805ae4a9)."

Can anyone check my attached dumps and see what is the problem? Thanks!

My configuration:
HP 6710s laptop
Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
2 GB RAM
160 GB SATA Disk
Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet adapter
Intel PRO/Wireless 3495 card

Attachments

• Mini010508-01.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 7
Both minidumps point to one thing: Memory Corruption. Your RAM is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Since you have two gigs you will need to run MemTest on each stick to determine which one or if both are bad. Hopefully it is still under warrenty becauser HP needs to replace your RAM for free.

Both dumps are crashed with same syptoms and your windows install outpost firewall 2006. This is an unstable version. You had better upgrade or de-install outpost firewall. The crash may not related to ram as outpost firewall 2006 corrupt windows internal memory structure.

Thanks for your answers. I'll use memtest today to see if RAM is faulty.

@cpc2004 I doubt that the problem is in Outpost, I've been using version 3.51 for ages now, on my old Acer laptop as well as my new HP one. It never happened on my old laptop, and since purchasing of my new one few months ago, I got the BSOD two times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back