TechSpot

Redesigned, speedier iTunes 11 now available for download

By Jos
Nov 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. One month after initially planned and with just a day to spare on its second deadline, Apple has finally released iTunes 11. The newest version of the company's desktop media player and digital storefront has been redesigned from the ground...

Read more

2. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TS Enthusiast Posts: 262   +9

Because you're using a bad OS, iTunes 11 works fine.

3. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

How is it a bad OS?
    I'm running Win8x64 as well I'll give it a shot.

4. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

I enjoy it as well, and "Windows Key + X" makes up for no start bar on my desktop lol

5. tsweeler

tsweeler TS Rookie

iTune 11 is the best iTune ever. Because Apple will will sue anyone that does anything remotely similar, don't draw an apple ever again unless you want to be sued!

6. darknessangel

darknessangel TS Rookie

What the hell? Coverflow is gone! that was most likely the only reason I used iTunes ! meh... I'll be bouncing back to Winamp. I'm ditching my iPad for a Surface anyways.

7. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

I thought "windows" key + "x" = rolls eyes

8. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

*edited*

It's not bad, but I don't like how it auto adds itself to windows start up without asking. Also to get a more tradiational view of itunes back, look under the "view" tab to add side bar and such.

9. pmcardle

pmcardle TS Rookie Posts: 94   +14

I installed iTunes 11 on a Windows 8 Pro desktop and could not view any singly connected devices. The device icon would appear in the upper right but when selected it would disappear. I final tried connecting two devices (iPhone and iPad) and the button now reads "2 devices". I can now select and pick which device I want to view and everything appears to be working. Once I unplug both and plug just one in I have the same problem that I originally started with (I.e. button disappears when selecting and nothing happens). Is anyone else have the same issue?

10. pmcardle

pmcardle TS Rookie Posts: 94   +14

Never mind, I figured it out. I was pressing the stupid eject symbol on the button. When 2 devices are connected there's no eject symbol. I'm an *****!

11. Same here, my device disappears.

12. But does it support FLAC yet? That's the real question! :)

captainawesome likes this.
  13. Winamp FTW ;)

14. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,821   +922

Somebody explained to me that iTunes went out of its way to cripple a Windows computer, by loading a bunch of nonsense / unnecessary processes when installed on one.

Can't say whether this is true or not, as I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Not even a borrowed ten foot pole.

avoidz likes this.
  15. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TS Enthusiast Posts: 262   +9

Yep there are way too many processes, I don't know why they work with such bad developers. People want simple and low-resource solutions, not this crap..
    Anyways on a mid-end computer this shouldn't affect you at all.

16. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

A mere shadow to foobar2000...

17. Modeazy

Modeazy TS Rookie Posts: 27

Love it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.