Reducing Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer I can give you is only as good as your question...

Can somenoe help you reduce game lag?... Yes.

Are you talking about ping times lag? Or are you talking about graphics lag?
I assumed you were talking about ping times - but now I'm not so sure.
How fast is your modem connecting at? Should be at least 46,000bps, if not call your phone company and complain about line noise when you are on the phone, maybe they can do something about it. When I'm at my parents house all of their computers and mine (when I bring it home) connect at at least 49666 and most of the time at 52000.

There are some factors you can't do anything about SNGX. The number of switches between you and your ISP, for one. If you live a long way from your ISP then you will likely connect at a slower speed. The more switches, the more the signal degrades. It isn't as bad as noise in the line but it has a similar effect.

You can check for line noise by pressing a button on the phone to kill the dial tone, if you hear any static at all, contact the phone company and report it to them.

This can couse qutie a problem, even if it is not in use. it will just suck up your bandwidth. Keep an eye on what you use before you want to do something, as the little things can cause qutie a difference.

Right Storm - but I'm trying here to cover some points that haven't been suggested yet. I've seen stuff like this before - and since this isn't real time chat to see his responses to our statements its a good idea to cover whatever you can think all in one post.
Line noise can still be there even if you can't hear it, whats the worst thing that can happen if you tell your phone company about it? Worst thing they can do is say "we didn't detect any - we dont' know what to tell you". Its worth a shot - thats all I'm saying - nothing more.

Like... Graphics more than ping methinks... but... like... its a small town... so i dont live EXTREMELY far from the phone company, I tryed Tweaking... and The onlything i have open would be MSN... I dont think that uses toooooo much bandwith... Oh, and its connected at 48,000 bps

What are your system specs? Use your profile and add them in.

Try downloading the latest Catalyst (2.4) or Detonator (41.09) drivers for your video card.

And if you have a KT400 (which I doubt) get the new Hyperion 4in1's. And even if you don't, but you still have a VIA chipset, download them anyway.

Originally posted by VoX_Zidane
Im playin D2 =) it laggs when im playin cows... thats expected... but its REALLY BAD.

Playing with cows:confused: :confused:

Isn't that illegal???

Try and find yourself a new girlfriend;)

Originally posted by RustyZip
Playing with cows:confused: :confused:

Isn't that illegal???

Try and find yourself a new girlfriend;)

Never played Diablo2 then Rusty?
There is a secret level that you open up using Wirt's leg. The level just has hundreds of cows (walking on two legs!!) that you have to fight through and then kill the Cow King. I don't think this is too graphically intensive but then again I was playing it with the Direct2D and not Direct3D setting. But on a PII 366 laptop with an ATI 8mb Rage Mobility video system it ran fine.

Arris - No, i've never played it... Sounds wierd:p

As the wife's left me:mad: i'll have to have a look at these cows:D :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back