Referenced memory error makes me miserable

Hi,

I keep getting these awful error messages: "The instruction at referenced memory at...".

They vary; the current one says Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host: wermgr.exe

Instruction at 0xfc5ed0e referenced memory at 0x00000000.

To spice things up, I get the occasional BSOD with the error message "IRQL equals or less."

I uninstalled ATI catalyst manager. I ran memtest and got a pass with no errors.

My system:

Windows 7 pro / 64bit. 12 GB ram, Intel I7 920.

Antivirus: Kaspersky, latest edition, trial version.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Any ideas?

Yes...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Weird

?!

I try to access the minidump directory, and I keep getting the:
WEFAULT.EXE instruction at 0xfc38d0e0 referenced memory at 0x000000. the memory could not be written.

I tried to access the directory through cmd, but it gives me a "no access". How weird is that? could it be a strange virus? (as mentioned, I do have an up-to-date trial version of Kaspersky).

I tried to turn off the windows error reporting service through msconfig but to no avail.

WEFAULT.EXE belongs to you Windows OS and it functions as part of Windows reporting errors and since it appears to be disfunctioning little wonder why you have minidump- file issues! :mad:

Run ChkDsk and note Stage 2. Does it report "recovering lost files."

Back