Referenced Memory Error SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
After months of frustration and trying everything in the book, I finally got rid of the annoying Referenced Memory error when closing Internet Explorer Windows and Desktop Folders.

I disabled third party extensions in Interent Explorer by going to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, then uncheck "Enable Third-Party Browser Extensions (reqires restart)".

That did the trick. You can also disable individual extensions by going to Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Manage Add-ons and disabling each one individually until the conflict is solved.

I was amazed at the hundreds of suggestions to this problem, some very complex, that required hours of system tweaking, and DID NOT work, then discovering this simple solution made everything all right again.

cheers

Unfortunately things might seem a little more complex than they really are. And it's the simple things that slip people's minds.

Thank you for posting your solution for future reference.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Thanks for sharing your experience. If you attach your DrWatson log here and it will help us to identify under what circumstance your solution works.
You can find the log in the following folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\drwtsn32.log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back