Regular BSODs on Windows 7, error BCCode: f4 can soomeone tell me what's wrong

By atinoco
Sep 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I'm getting BSODs almost every night while I leave my system on , can anybody tell me what's wrong with my system, I'd mean a lot, I built it about a month ago and I haven't been able to figure out a solution, I'm frustrated.

attached a picture of my BSOD screen

after I reboot I got this message in windows

I'm enclosing the files:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\090310-36769-01.dmp
    E:\temp\temp\WER-36831-0.sysdata.xml

My system is at stock speed for now, all bios settings at auto/default so, no overclocking at all until I can figure out what's wrong.

Hopefully somebody can tell me what's wrong.

-Andres

Attached Files:

2. atinoco

atinoco Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Found a guide online about solving BSODs, Installed Windows Debug tools and looks like its hard drive, but i got 2 in my system, is there a way to know which one?

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

According to what you gave in your second post the issue is given as your harddrive. So...

1. Back up everything A.S.A.P.

2. Find the make of your harddrive and go to the manufacture's website where they will provide a free harddrive diagnostics utility. Run the short tests and especially the long one.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.