Removal of Write Protection on Kingston 4GB Flash Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assalamo Alikum
Hello to All
thanks for registeration in this forum..... my first problem is this that i have a flash drive 4 gb kingston but there is no help in any forum to solve my problem that my drive is write protected and not formate and no viruse scane programme apply on it but it works with its data alreeady in folder mp3 songs but nothing to re inter any file how i remove my write protection and formation of drive in possible mode there is no switch on it ....please as soon as possible help me...

this can be done by altering the NTFS settings for the drive.

Do you know anything about NTFS -- if not start reading ....

That can be the case as you pointed out Jo. But I was suspecting he may have one of those Encryptor data traveler drives.

I think that <everyone> Full control would not impact the encryption feature,
especially if carefully applied to only one files+fold choice

Have you tried Jo's suggestion? It may be just as simple as rights issue provided the flash drive is formatted with NTFS system.

Edit:
Check your USB for any virus/malware infections using Avira/Avast/AVG (whichever you may have) + malwarebytes, if they don't catch anything and if Jo's idea doesn't work, the only other viable solution seems to be formatting the USB drive after taking out your data to hdd, and once the USB is formatted move the data back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back