TechSpot

Repeated fatal system error

1. I can't reproduce the message exactly because the screen goes black too soon, but I had something similar to this show up on my system:

"STOP: c00021a {Fatal System Error} The Widows Logon Process system terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. "

At the time I was heavily involved in removing malware. Has my harddrive cracked under the pressure? Have I perhaps deleted a crucial file? Or could the virus still be lurking around and faking this?

I use Windows XP.

Regards,
    anonymousmagic
  2. techsuitor

techsuitor TS Rookie Posts: 145

3. anonymousmagic

anonymousmagic TS Rookie Topic Starter

The first step of the linked page mentions "Dr. Watson for Windows NT". Can you still do this with Windows XP?
  4. techsuitor

5. anonymousmagic

anonymousmagic TS Rookie Topic Starter

I used Piriform's CCleaner to get rid of the programs "Domino" and "ZSSnp211" during startup. Is either of these crucial to winlogon's proper function? I think ZSSnp211 could be related to my webcam (because of the 211). The other is suspect in my opinion.
  6. techsuitor

Is your pc could not turn on? .. It can't boot?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.