Resetting router mystery

By Waffe
Sep 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. This hunk of plastic will constantly reset and drop connection consistently. I am curious if there is something I did wrong, or if there is something I can do in the router settings to fix it.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR...18007383662&skuId=8998506&st=router&cp=1&lp=1

It will disconnect for short periods, and sometimes long ones. I don't know if this forum supports questions like this and if they don't sorry for misposting. And if they do, please help me sort this out.

Extra info:
    Sometimes when it cuts off it wont come back on until like 6 resets, even now tho it's a godsend that im still on the internet after 15 disconects today.
    Disconected constantly while on ps3 netflix.
    Yes I'm using comcast.=)
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,336   +293

Please describe each and every box with internet access
    • modem/make/model
    • is the ISP a DSL, Cable or Satellite connection?
    • your router is a Netgear WNR2000-100nas
    • your windows system (os version, edition, sp level) {obviously using wifi}
    • any other devices with a connection to the modem or the router
    did you attempt to create a static ip address on any device or are you strictly using DHCP everywhere?

have you attempted to update the router firmware (hint: do so ONLY with a wired connection).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.