Restarting while playing games need some help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a major problem that i cant pin up or figure out heres my problem. Ive been trying to play Guild Wars lately and World Of Warcraft But my computer keeps restarting on me right as the game is loaded and it varies sometime it stays on for 10 sec some 30 sec but none over about 30 sec. Then the computer restarts. Now it only does it in specific games. This is what i am running...

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/30/2005, 12:27:33
Machine name: JASON
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA
System Model: K7VT4A+
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 194MB used, 1055MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 9600 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_00021002&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: ViewSonic PT775
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Now the rest of the story.... I have also ran Motherboard Monitor 5 on the computer to make sure that it is not overheating. Its not! I have formatted the machine. It still restarts. I also did the usual reinstalling drivers, Direct X etc. etc. Every time that i run these certain games the computer still restarts does anybody have an idea what this could be and why?

Try setting your computer to not automatically rebooting on system failure. You'll get BSOD, but at least you might get an error message to troubleshoot your problem.

Control Panel
System
Advanced tab
Startup and Recovery
Uncheck box for Automatically reboot

Reboot your system

This is the problem now though. I just did what you said.. It went to BSOD but here's the catch. It was just a blue screen. With no text Tried it a couple of times and the same situation happened. Im not sure what i need to do to fix this problem its like the error is so bad it cant error. lol But i can use the machine anytime else and it works great! Just playing certain games. But there games that should work fine. Any other ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back