Revised System configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Guys after reading through lots of reviews and also taking into consideration a lot of your valuable comments I've come up with the following spec that I am thinking of going for. Please let me know if this is OK.

Intel Core I5-750 (I thought about the I7 860 but on the price scale this is as far as i can push)

MSI P55 GD 65
1 TB Seagate SATA
2*2GB Kingston DDR3
Samsung P2350 24" Monitor
Samsung SATA 22x DVD RW
Logitech KB+Mouse
Powercolor ATI RAdeon HD 5850
Coolermaster cabinet
Cooler master 650W PSU (I thought about the corsair but its too expensive in this part of the world. Costs as much as a Gigabyte UD2 motherboard!!)

Okay considering the coolermaster extreme power plus low efficiency I amgoing with the corsair :) :(

Coolermaster Hyper 212+

The CoolerMaster 690 is a good case-plenty of airflow and reasonably understated looks.
If you're using the Hyper 212+ then you will need to remove the upper chassis side fan for the cooler to fit. You can still use the lower fan position to feed cool air over the graphics card area/chipset.

BTW : AMD/ATI power requirements for HD 5850 in Crossfire recommends a power supply of 600 watts. ATI's official specification here

@dustin : Techspot have tagged you as an "Enthusiast" - how about doing a little research to back up that epithet

my bad i thought vijayallenraj listed a 5870, i read this when i first woke up. but 600w PSU seem low for 5850 in Crossfire

Thanks dividebyzero. You are always a great help. I will go for the CM 690 and the Corsair VX550W. BTW by crossfire do you mean connecting more than one graphics card? If so then I will go for the TX650 since the ATI website you mentioned says 600W.

I guess dustin was right too. I just called up a local dealer. The CM i listed was a coolermaster extreme plus psu. Which has less efficiency and wont suffice anyways i guess...

You are right to steer clear of the Cooler Master PSU's - they make great cases but the power supplies are more than a little lacking.
Yes, Crossfire means adding a second graphics card -this will suck more power of course but your gameplay will be very, very smooth. An option for later maybe. The Corsair TX650w is one of (if not the most) efficient 650w PSU's in production, and because of the 52amps on the single 12v rail it can power two HD 5850 cards. The unit also carries a 5 year warranty.
If you can't get the CM 690 without PSU then you could see if the upgraded version (CM 690-II) is available, or a Thermaltake V9 or similar if it's within your budget and you like the look of the case.

Okay also, in another forum one of the people there wanted me to go with the MSI P55 CD 53 mobo since the gd 65 is needed only if i go for more than one graphics card. But this doesnt have crossfire or sli support. The person in that forum says that most p55 mobos run on x8 and it isnt recommended for the hd 5850. Is this something I need to worry about?..

Nothing you need worry about.
A PCI-Express graphics slot running at x8 instead of x8 will not affect your gaming or the performance of the card
Here's a sample review from Tom's Hardware

Whoever said that the P55 isn't recommended for the HD 5850 probably doesn't know a P55 from a Nintendo DS....I wouldn't be taking too much stock in what they say.

The CD53 is a budget model and has fewer features, but if you are planning on running one graphics card and the price is right. then it's probably worth the investment.

The MSI GD 65, as far as I know, runs both PCI-E at x16. Not sure though. Buy the GD 65 if you intend to ever add a second card to the system. Also, I'm pretty sure that the GD 65 would be a better overclocker than the CD 53.

And I'd ask you to stick with the Corsair 650TX. It's a good thing to have a PSU a little higher than the minimum specified. That always gives you enough headroom for overclocks.

Whoever said that the P55 isn't recommended for the HD 5850 probably doesn't know a P55 from a Nintendo DS

Nice one there DBZ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back