Revived Detroit Electric to unveil Tesla Roadster rival on April 3

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Detroit Electric, a brand responsible for building electric cars in the early 1900s, has been revived after more than 70 years of inactivity – or as their marketing team would prefer: Recharged, Rebooted, Reborn. The company plans to unveil their...

Read more
  2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

Why a sports car? Especially a $135,000 sports car. There's so much to do still with mainstream electric cars. So they can turn out 2500 a year. I can't imagine there's any kind of market for an expensive electric "sports car". I'd be much more impressed with an affordable all electric car.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

Tesla stopped making their roadster in 2008 because there wasn't a market for it. These guys are copying the exact same design as the Tesla roadster. Why re-make a car that's no longer being made because of bad sales to begin with?

Definitely a company I wouldn't invest stock in, that's for sure.
  4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Addict Posts: 331   +99

They couldn't just make a GOOD saloon or estate could they.. nooo.. pathetic.
  5. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

Good move. That is how Tesla started, which means they probably have an all electric 4 seat in the near future. The future looks good, I see sedan All EV's in the future.

As we all know its all about the dollars, here in California Electric vehicles is a huge money saver. I my self commute 50 miles 5 days a week to work. I could sure use an electric vehicle.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

I'm still amazed to come on here and see people talking about electric cars, here in the UK they're essentially hated xD

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 905   +240

I really don't see the point of an electric car yet... battery technology is still poor and is not yet capable of giving us a reliable energy source equal to or better than current ICE powered vehicles without vastly exceeding weight and physical space needed.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Is it just me or does this car look awfully like a Corvette Stingray.
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Haha, you realise you just perfectly described Apple and their iPod/iPad?