TechSpot

Revived Detroit Electric to unveil Tesla Roadster rival on April 3

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Detroit Electric, a brand responsible for building electric cars in the early 1900s, has been revived after more than 70 years of inactivity – or as their marketing team would prefer: Recharged, Rebooted, Reborn. The company plans to unveil their...

Read more
  2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 636   +117

Why a sports car? Especially a $135,000 sports car. There's so much to do still with mainstream electric cars. So they can turn out 2500 a year. I can't imagine there's any kind of market for an expensive electric "sports car". I'd be much more impressed with an affordable all electric car.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,347   +397

Tesla stopped making their roadster in 2008 because there wasn't a market for it. These guys are copying the exact same design as the Tesla roadster. Why re-make a car that's no longer being made because of bad sales to begin with?

Definitely a company I wouldn't invest stock in, that's for sure.
  4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +77

They couldn't just make a GOOD saloon or estate could they.. nooo.. pathetic.
  5. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 371   +69

Good move. That is how Tesla started, which means they probably have an all electric 4 seat in the near future. The future looks good, I see sedan All EV's in the future.

As we all know its all about the dollars, here in California Electric vehicles is a huge money saver. I my self commute 50 miles 5 days a week to work. I could sure use an electric vehicle.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

I'm still amazed to come on here and see people talking about electric cars, here in the UK they're essentially hated xD
  7. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 399   +35

I really don't see the point of an electric car yet... battery technology is still poor and is not yet capable of giving us a reliable energy source equal to or better than current ICE powered vehicles without vastly exceeding weight and physical space needed.
  8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,947   +900

Is it just me or does this car look awfully like a Corvette Stingray.
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Haha, you realise you just perfectly described Apple and their iPod/iPad?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.