Rhapsody acquires Napster, obtains all subscribers

By Shawn Knight
Oct 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Rhapsody has acquired music service Napster from Best Buy for an undisclosed sum. The company will obtain all of Napster’s subscribers and certain other assets while the retail electronics giant…

Read the whole story
  2. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 167

Good news! I'm happy about this. I never liked the Napster name to begin with, but I certainly do like Rhapsody. Yes, it's all PR gimmickry -- but it works. And being that I'll soon be selling tunes through Rhapsody, Amazon, and iTunes, I appreciate not having to tell people to go to Napster to download my tracks.
  3. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

And now they just need to bring it to Australia so we can all throw our money at them. I know I would anyway.
  4. I had Rhapsody before Spotify..... Rhapsody had a lot of buggy software problems and Spotify is just plain better...I think they would of been better off putting there money into some R&D.
  5. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Guru Posts: 361   +49

I'm a Napster subrscriber so this definitely effects me. Ironically I used to subscribe to both services years ago but dropped Rhapsody. Hopefully Rhapsody's catalog is as big as Napster's; I found a lot good music through the latter's service.
  6. Used to be on Napster but have switched to Amazon and I'm quite happy.