TechSpot

RIM releases PlayBook OS 2.0 upgrade, finally adds messaging features

By Leeky
Feb 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. PlayBook maker Research in Motion has released the long awaited BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 update for tablet users, which finally adds native support for important features like email, a better…

Read the whole story

2. Raswan

Raswan TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

Only took them a friggin year to get it done...

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,517   +318

Well at least they (Finally) got their act together, although the short comings when accessing exchange is not good, iPad can do it fine?

No BBM is no biggy really, From what I've seen though they have polished the email app quite well, good to see, maybe RIM can get their act together after all and start making some products worthy of purchasing...

4. Upgrading playbook to OS2, how long does it take. it seems to be stuck at "installing Sys.data.imf.fr_FR" for about 20 minutes. the upgrade failed once already. Any comments??

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

From the TechSpot community, I'm terribly sorry to inform you are one of the 10 people in the whole internet who bought a PlayBook.

Just kidding. (No, but seriously.)

I would recommend contacting RIM. Just google their website; they have a customer service department that specializes in the PlayBook.

6. I also get this issue - have three attempts so far - gets stuck everytime at sys.data.imf.fr_FR
    This has to be a known problem at this stage - googling brings up several hits but no fixes - although an OTA install seems to have no problem. Won't be able to try that for three days.

Come on RIM!! - sort it out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.