TechSpot

RIM reports steep drop in quarterly profit, shares sink 20%

By Jos
Sep 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research In Motion is taking a beating in the stock market after reporting another disappointing quarter. The Canadian firm saw profit before tax fall by half from $904 million, on…

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

This is good news, hope this time in 5 years we'll hear RIM fully dying
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Maybe now would be the time to release BBM on some extra platforms like Android &/or iOS. :p
  4. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

This is sad. I have always preferred my Blackberry phones over all others and hate to see news like this about RIM. Hopefully they will rebound this quarter.
  5. Zilpha

Zilpha TS Enthusiast Posts: 349

I did too, except in trying to keep up with the times they would change things that didn't need to be changed, and leave other things that DID need to be changed, stagnate. Their heyday is over. Now even businesses are relaxing their requirements on their employees, and true multimedia and multifunction devices are enjoying the spotlight.

As much as I loved my Blackberries over the years, I'm not sorry to see the dinosaurs go.
  6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Maybe this will force them to release phones that actually look different for a change...
  7. Current Users Options:

1. Invest on iPhone Life-Style Commerce
    2. Invest on Android Developer's Marketplace
    3. Invest on BlackBerry Social Network
    4. Invest on 15 gram of GOLD
    5. No Investment due to Crisis

These are fashion in consumers demands with
    any fundamental in business.
  8. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 566   +81

Even tho I agree with some of what you guys have said, i'm Canadian and RIM employs alot of people including my friends so I don't want to see them go. The Canadian economy is better shape than the US one but these aren't the times to be looking for work regardless.
  9. DeliciousPie

DeliciousPie TS Member Posts: 43

Because the Smart-phone market needs less competition, right?

Don't be an *****.
  10. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Yes we do need some more competition, but that being said I would love to see Symbian and MeeGo die but not RIM

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.