Ripped Nexus 5 Google Home launcher and other apps now available for download

Justin Kahn

ripped nexus google home google download cyanogenmod clock design nexus 5 google home launcher google keyboard kit kat

While many of us are waiting for our Nexus 5 to ship, it appears as though a bunch of the phone's applications have surfaced. Android community members have ripped some content from the official Google factory image and made it available.

The content was then sifted through by Droid-Life which then collated the main apps including calendar, email, and camera hangouts, as well as some more notable additions, into convenient downloads.

Most of the apps are minor updates, as Droid-Life points out, but there are also some more important ones like the improved Google Search, the new Google Home launcher, Google Keyboard and Clock that are available as well.

While it certainly isn't the full Kit Kat experience, those who just can't wait to get a taste can do so at their own risk. The apps were obviously built specifically for the Nexus 5 so there is no telling how they might function with a device running CyanogenMod or Sense.

You can head over to Droid-Life now to get the special installation instructions and the download links for each application, if you're interested.

Permalink to story.

Thanks for the secret link to links to get this.. Interesting I'll have a look at the new 4.4.

I gave the camera and search a try, they work on my I9300 with cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly. However they crash randomly. 4.4 I can not wait ;)

I program my own ROM called PowerCode 1000 for Android 2013 with PowerWiFi G+ or N+ which I reprogram tablets. PowerCode for Android for 2012. Prior was called BullDog from 2011 to 2012. Prior to that was other names from 2010 to 2011. Got over 100 ROMs today but I don't use that one you mention since I create my own.

Back