Rumor: Facebook and HTC to release smartphone by mid-2013

By Leeky
Jul 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. More rumors pointing at a joint effort by HTC and Facebook to build a smartphone have surfaced, this time via several anonymous sources speaking to Bloomberg. It's reported that the smartphone was originally planned to arrive later this year but……

Read more
  2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

Are these customizations ever anything more than window dressing?
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

How do you spell a fart sound? Is it 'phhht'? Because that's what I think of a "Facebook phone"
    DragonMasterJay likes this.
  4. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TechSpot Booster Posts: 310   +62

Its hard for me to be optimistic about this. All I can see in its future is a bunch of annoying alerts, being able to post anything you do on your phone to facebook, and maybe playing popular facebook games on your phone. Other than that it'll probably just have the basic facebook stuff built in that we will probably disable to use third party apps for anyways.
  5. Gimmicky phone for the fakebook addicted masses? I will sell like hot cakes.
  6. By mid 2013, HTC is probably already bankrupt...
  7. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

HTC & Facebook... common company situation:

-If both don't do something now about pleasing customers -they'll fall like MySpace.

So, if they both combine or venture in on this phone, it'd better be good. Also, mainly aimed at texting, since phone calls are becoming a thing of the past. :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.