TechSpot

Rumor: Kinect to support PC games

By Emil
Dec 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is officially going to support the Kinect motion controller on the PC, at least that's what the rumor mill is saying. The information comes from Korean developer GamePrix, which says its upcoming PC-only MMORPG, Divine Souls, will support gaming pads making "it resemble console games even more, and is scheduled to support Kinect, a new control system of Xbox360."

Read the whole story
  2. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

PC tres Xbox menos uno.
    About time some said it on a PC game.
  3. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,001   +11

and how many inches my PC LCD has to be? 20-24 aren't exactly big enough with great resolution (small fonts).
  4. It's easy enough to setup an HDTV as PC monitor through an HDMI cable. It's a 32" LED HDTV that I use on a daily basis as a PC, watching movies, console gaming etc and everything I use for it looks gorgeous on it, it sure beats my old 24" LG LCD monitor.The only issue I have for something like Kinect on PC is space if you live in small place.
  5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Very easy indeed. Problem is, many already have HTPCs they have bought or built. How many of those do you suppose have more than the very basic GPUs needed to decode and push their HD media? Most off-the-shelf HTPC systems use embedded graphics solutions, to cut down on power consumption and heat, while staying in a nice tidy little package. And throwing a gaming capable nVidia or AMD card into most HTPC cases is impossible as well - if you are lucky enough to have a slot available, you probably can't fit anything more than a low profile or half-length card in. And then the lack of cooling will probably kill it before you get far...

Or, you can just lug your full-on gaming rig to your media room, but how long would that last for hardcore gamers? "Honey, I need to watch Real Housewives of Cleveland, can you turn off that silly game of yours?" I could see divorce rates climbing :)

Luckily, my HTPC is a full PC with a large enough case... I was planning ahead (MMOs and Crysis from the couch! woohoo!).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.