RunDLL error upon logon

bwarren97

My computer shows two RunDLL error messages immediately after logging on.

"Error loading C:\Windows\system32\urqoOGVo.dll
The specified module could not be found."

and

"Error loading C:\Windows\system32\wcvddgry.dll
The specified module could not be found."

General computer information:
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Model:
Dell Dimension 8300
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
2.59 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

The names of both those dlls "smell" like malware (fyi.. some malware create random file names with naming patterns like those two dlls)

Have you recently cleaned up malware? Those dll files have probably been removed from disk but are still being referenced by the startups that the malware also put on your computer (so thjey now come up as "not found")

I'd suggest you first get a good malware checkup in our malware forum. For malware help, follow the 8 steps provided here. Create a new thread in the Malware removal forum. Be sure you PASTE all your logs (do not attach them)

In fact, I took my computer to a computer repair center to clean off infected files. That's when I started having some problems with my SanDisk Cruzer, so I took it back, and I'm still having problems with other things.

Also, a friend told me about some malware removal software called MalwareBytes (which can be downloaded from http://www.malwarebytes.com/). He told mre to boot in Safe Mode, download the application, install it, then run it. I did just that, and, sure enough, it found some more infected files on the hard drive.

Thank you for telling me what those errors were from!

Malwarebytes

Lookinround will probably tell you this also, malwarebytes is probably the best malware removal tool at this time. However, I do not believe it is meant to be run in Safe Mode.
I too agree those files smell, you would be wise to follow the 8 steps mentioned earlier.

This error can arise because a DLL file has been infected by a virus or is missing on the system due to a spyware. As the programs using this file will not be able to access it, there will be a rundll error to tell your system that the program cannot be loaded due to the missing code/file.

dll error appears when dll file is missing or corrupt in this case download required dll file and place it in folder C:\WINDOWS\system32
your problem will be solved.

Back