Rundll32.exe Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNoob101

Hello, I am new here at this forum.My problem is whenever i go to play a game i get a whole bunch of application errors. I googled the problem but all of the scanners didn't work. It said that the .dll is very important so i don't want to remove it and ask for instructions from you guys. I have limited knowledge about computers so take it easy on me. If anyone can help, I'd be glad if you reply to this.

Sorry for the late reply.
The error comes up saying The instruction at "0x636e315e" referenced memory at "0x00cac0a0". The memory could not be
"read". Click OK to terminate the program.

But I gotta click it 6 more times for it to go away here are they others.
The instruction at "0x0067606e" referenced memory at "0x001f1780"The memory could not be
"read". Click OK to terminate the program

The instruction at "0x636e315e" referenced memory at "0x00cac090"The memory could not be

The instruction at "0x0636e315e" referenced memory at "0x00cac080"The memory could not be

The instruction at "0x636e315e" referenced memory at "0x00cac060"The memory could not be

The instruction at "0x0636e1762" referenced memory at "063709ac0"The memory could not be

This only occurs when you play games? Also are you playing these games onine? through internet explorer?

First thing I would check is that your video card driver is up to date.

Next I would test the RAM

This isn't really my specialty but I will be happy to try or if nothing else we can message somebody more suited for these type of errors.

Yes, only when i play games it pops up. Yes they are online and I'm playing through Firefox.
Like I said I have limited knowledge of computers.How do you check the Video card and ram.

Ok, I have one suggestion from microsoft which I am going to modify - this wont hurt your computer. If it doesn't work then I am almost positive it is a hardware error

Download and Run ATF Cleaner
Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it.

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

Firefox or Opera:
Click Firefox or Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can launch windows explorer by doubleclicking my computer or hold windows key + E

click the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options, click the View tab, enable the Show hidden files and folders option

navigate to %userprofile%\Local Settings\History folder <-for your user account that is having this problem

Right-click the History folder, and then click Delete

when you are prompted to confirm the folder removal, click Yes

restart the computer

launch internet explorer and firefox

in IE go to tools - internet options - Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.

in firefox click tools-> clear private data

resart firefox and try again

So lets check your video card drivers first

Go to device manager -right click on my computer and select properties -> go to hardware tab i think -> device manager

First look for any yellow triangles over any of the section and let me know where if present.

Next go to Display adapters -> expand this section -> right click on your video card or integrated graphics controller (should be listed by name)

select properties -> what is the name of the device and what is the driver date

There is an updated version maybe this would do it. though that would be too easy. Worth a shot though

Version: 175.19
Release Date: July 9, 2008
Operating System: Windows XP

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

Download it to a place where you can find it easily

Then through device manager select the card and update driver software

then select either I have disk - or browse my computer - navigate to and select the driver (sorry been a while since I was on XP)

Lets check your Event log

Go to control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer

Look for "Errors" in the "last hour" column

I only want an error - no warnings or info sections

We want the Event ID and Source

There's nothing within the last hour.
The rundll32.exe is an Info
Last error was at 11:14
Source: Can not find ping info
Event id:0

Ok, go to start -> run -> type dxdiag -> press enter

Once it loads up the dx info -> click Save all Info -> save it to your desktop then attach it here for me

All looks good there ->

Go to start -> run -> type cmd

at the command prompt type ping www.ijji.com

click on the command icon in the top left corner -> go to edit -> select all -> do this again but select copy

Then paste it here

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ping www.ijji.com

Pinging www.ijji.com [206.82.212.79] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 206.82.212.79:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

That's definitly the problem then -> what firewall or other security software do you have installed.

Also - I am going to message somebody else who is better at this now that we have identified the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back